Thursday, October 29, 2009

This is interesting....

Going along with what I am researching, I found a lesson plan for a kindergarten class. The teacher is working to improve tactile skills. The got a box and put ordinary objects in it: pencils, erasers and so on. The children would feel and try to figure out what object it was without seeing it.

This is very important to my point. There are many skills that you can not teach or learn through the use of computers. Children learn so much better when they are able to physically touch an object.

Another site I found suggested key tactile skills are being able to tell the difference in textures... to learn this there must be hands on teaching involved.

As technology develops and becomes more prominant in the classroom, I hope time alotted for tactile teaching is not taken away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment